Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Keep on Truckin'

My youngest daughter recently graduated from college and received her Master's Degree and moved to Philadelphia (which is about 2 hours from home) to accept a teaching position.  My husband's friend was kind enough to let us use his truck (it was red) so that we could move her bedroom set.  The Just Because cartridge had a cool truck that I cut out at 5".  The card base is 6-1/2 x 5 matted twice.  Added red, white and blue buttons and added twine.  The window is embossed using the swiss dots folder and the truck cab is embossed using the forest branches folder.  I used a white gel pen to stitch the tires and added a thank you sentiment in the corner.  On the inside I used My Creative Time's gift card holder die and embossed it using the see spots folder.  Added a red band and used another circle die from my stash.  Embellished the center with a handwritten "E" for his last name.  Inside is a nice gift card that he and his wife will surely enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment